Monday, April 2, 2018

April 03, 2018 #AprilTTRPGMaker 03: How did you start creating TTRPGs?

April 03, 2018
#03: How did you start creating TTRPGs?

My first stab at creating my own role-playing game was waaaaay back when my friends and I were anxious to try Vampire: the Masquerade but we had no idea where to buy the book. Given it was an era when online purchases were unheard of, and there were very few stores that sold anything rpg related, we ended up homebrewing our own version of the game.


We had Jyhad cards (those cards which eventually would be renamed Vampire: the Eternal Struggle) and drew inspiration from those cards to create what we thought would be the Vampire Disciplines. We then used Palladium as the game system of choice, and soon ended up with a game where you can roll 70% to Throw a Gate, or try to do Alacrity with 56% chance of success. It was cooky, but it worked!

Fast foward to 2014, when I start offering to help copy write or do supplements for various Kickstarters I supported. Among the first few were stuff for Vas Quas Editrice and for Ginger Goat's Heroine RPG. Soon enough, it lead to finally publishing A Single Moment, which has been the first of many self-published games that I've released.


I challenge ye, my dear fellow game makers, to answer my questions, on the corresponding day, this burgeoning April, and verily it shall be that ye shall be inspired by all makers around you and in this beautiful world henceforth. #AprilTTRPGMaker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...